Sunday, July 08, 2007

Its a magical world Hobbes old buddy, Lets go exploring

The concept of 'countries' will be dead in the future. Much as Voltron propehsised the world will realise that only by working together will progress be made. No more thinking in terms of countries. Think in terms of the world. Yes we may have gotten unemployment low, but globally there are larger problems. I don't want to sound too much like a hippy, and I realise that it will take something HUGE to bring about the change, but it will happen. Thus speaks the morning star.

My Top Tips:

Contribute to your super. If in Australia (and I know we have gotten a few other countries ducking in for a few seconds), and earn under $58 000 send $1000 (If you have it), into your
superannuation fund. The government will chip in a maximum of $1.50 for every $1 you put in, up to $1000. This will work out better than savings, not immediately, but in the long run, and its important to remember the long run.
Alright I'm lazy and this doesn't really matter anymore, whatever

Random Updates:
The weekend was god damn fantastic. Alana and I went and saw Play! A Video Game Symphony, which while geeky was really good. We got a hotel room at Rydges World Square, went to Dinner at Angus SteakHouse then on sunday had breakfast at Pancakes.

Caught in the Web:
Daily Lit - Is one of the best things I have found. You choose a book (From a list of public domain ones) and they send you it via email, bit by bit each day. If you're like me, you'll end up reading 4 or 5 parts a day, I think that has a lot to do with the story I chose (Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom). It has started strong and keeps me wanting more, more, MORE.

Instructables is a great web site. It provides instructions on damn near everything. if you're ever looking to kill an afternoon, weekend, month or year building something this place has the project for you.

Review:
Play! was really different. Some of the pieces went well. Starting it off with Mario was good, because its a well known fast paced piece, relaxed the crowd. A lot of the music was very dark and war like, which while good, didn't allow for a more rounded overall sound. There were some parts that slowed it down, I though Sonic managed to cover more bases stylistically, but overall a definite A++.

Angus was excellent. I have a friend who works there so I've been meaning to go for ages. Im glad I did, everything was fantastic, the steak was incredible, cooked to perfection. The sticky date pudding at the end was so good. Alana's dessert while tasting light was deceptively filling. Expensive, but worth it as a treat, A+.

No comments: